- March TBD: Early Bird Registration, Capitol City Brewing Company, Arlington, VA
- March TBD: Early Bird Registration, Nellie's Sports Bar, Washington, DC
- April 1: Skills Clinic, Tucker Road Park, Fort Washington, MD
- April 1: Scrimmage Games, Tucker Road Park, Fort Washington, MD
- April 8: Scrimmage Games, Tucker Road Park, Fort Washington, MD
- April 23: Season begins
- July 2-3: MAGIC Tournament
- July 4-9: ASANA World Series, Austin, TX
- Sept 4-9: NAGAAA GSWS, Portland, OR
2017 Summer Season
Our season begins April 23rd! Player registration will open in March. Stay tuned for more info.
The Chesapeake & Potomac Softball League (CAPS) is a non-profit organization founded in 1983 to establish a friendly place for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered (GLBT) people in the greater Washington/Baltimore metropolitan areas to play softball, learn and/or enhance softball skills and meet new people.
Our league offers two divisions. Our Open Division, a member of the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance (NAGAAA), is made up of co-ed teams placed in divisions based on skill level. Our Women's Division, a member of the Amateur Sports Alliance of North America (ASANA), is made up of women-only teams.
In addition to our affiliations with NAGAAA and ASANA, CAPS is a proud and active member of Team DC. Team DC promotes LGBT individual and team sports participation. Our league follows the Amateur Softball Association (ASA) rules of play!
Stay tuned for info about the 2017 CAPS