The name of the organization shall be the Chesapeake and Potomac Softball League.
- To operate a non-profit athletic league dedicated to the promotion of amateur softball for all persons (regardless of sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, race, sex, age, national origin, religion, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibility, material possessions, physical handicap, political affiliation, or skill level) for the purposes of pleasure, recreation, and competition.
- To establish uniform athletic rules and regulations for the League.
- To encourage the formation of autonomous and unique associations with consistent organizational support such that an active membership in the League may be sustained as deemed desirable for the advancement of LGBT amateur softball.
- To promote, encourage and financially support local, national and international softball leagues, associations and tournaments, as deemed appropriate for the advancement of LGBT amateur softball.
- To actively recruit and accept new members and encourage their full participation in all league activities.
- To encourage the education and training of all members in the proper skills of amateur softball by promoting, organizing and conducting clinics, seminars and training courses.
- To publicize the achievements of league members, teams and sponsors (with their approval), in the LGBT community, as well as in other communities.
- To sponsor and promote social events and activities for members and non-members.
The period of duration of the League is perpetual.
The League shall be governed by a Board of Directors, which shall be both a legislative and an executive body.
The composition of the Board of Directors is defined in Article IV Section 2 of the Bylaws.
Amendments to the Constitution may be proposed by any member at the Board of Directors. Ratification of an amendment shall require an affirmative vote of a two-thirds majority of the Board of Directors. An amendment, if passed, shall take effect immediately unless otherwise provided for in the amendment.
This Constitution shall be accepted and ratified when two-thirds of the League organizers shall vote to affirm the acceptance of these articles.